A multinational biopharma company needed to identify, develop, and support their key talent by better understanding their capabilities against core leadership expectations and behaviors. They partnered with BTS to co-create a customized solution that provided both individual and actionable feedback, both accelerating development and providing insights to inform critical role succession planning.
A multi-component assessment informed a holistic picture of the leader by identifying insights on performance, strengths, and development opportunities, followed by executive coaching.
- Career Inventory Assessment: The self-assessment provoked individual reflection on key professional experiences and goals, self-identifying strengths and opportunity areas for focus.
- Moments and Capability 360 interviews: Customized interviews evaluated current performance in pivotal job moments based on feedback from the participant, peers, direct reports, managers, and key stakeholders.
- Hogan Assessment Inventories: The Hogan assessment consisted of three inventories: development; personality; and motives, values, and preferences.
- Participants engaged in executive coaching sessions to address the development needs uncovered during the assessments.
With this output, key findings focused development efforts to accelerate individual development and inform critical decisions for succession planning.
For the business
- Measurable feedback on individual leaders against the competencies considered critical for success.
- Aggregate level insights on the business unit’s key talent to aide in succession planning.
- Feedback on how the business can support critical talent today and accelerate future role development.
For the individual:
- Feedback session with a BTS Coach: Individual feedback reports integrated results from the assessment components and outlined strengths, development opportunities, and recommendations. The output was reviewed with a BTS Coach, to create targeted action plans and ensure follow through.
- Continued Development: Individual executive coaching sessions commenced, where participants worked with their BTS Coach on action plans informed by the assessment and aligned with their Manager. At the end of the coaching engagement, participants met with their direct manager, BTS Coach, and HRBP for a Development Team Meeting to discuss key insights and align on the plan for development post-experience.